Monday, January 7, 2013

Surgery Day #2 Finally Here........

1/7/13--Monday--Day 86--T-minus 0--Surgery Day

Well I certainly never anticipated having to have a second surgery back when all this started, but since I am, I am awfully glad the day is finally here and we will get this over. Today is a bit easier than the first surgery only because I'm at least familiar with the process.

I slept well last night after spending the day yesterday with Greg and Brooklyn as well as our friends Mike and Suzie. We made a fun breakfast of biscuits and gravy and cinnamon rolls before my clear liquid diet started at noon. Suzie colored and highlighted my hair. We figured we might as well since I should have hair about six more weeks. Then we worked on making treats for all the doctors and nurses. We called them Kisses of Hope and they are darling. I can't think of a better way I could have spent my day than making smiles for other people. This time we made enough to share with lots of people.

We are heading to Phoenix early so we can stop and see my grandma for a few minutes then go to the wig shop. The more I've looked at the pictures of the wig and shown it to people, the more sure I am about it. That should be perfect timing for getting to the hospital at 11.

Today they will do the axillary node dissection first then remove the tumor and do the hysterectomy. They will also put in my ports but I'm not sure exactly where that falls in the order of business. They said they move from "clean to dirty" so I'll assume it's after the nodes and before the tumor. The port will go in my left side by my collar bone so I should pretty well have a sore spot in every part of my body core :)

The surgery will be 4 to 5 hours so it will be a long wait for Greg. He will be surrounded by family and friends so that will help. Thanks ahead of time for keeping us in your prayers. I know everything is going to go really well today. I'm not sure when my next blog post will be but feel free to text Greg or me and check on things. Thanks for following my journey leading up to this surgery day!

4 comments:

  1. It is 12:30 on Monday so I figure you have already been in surgery for a while. Since today is the 7th, may this be your lucky day with some positive news. I hope all goes according to plan and they provide good medication to ease the pain. This is no time to be a hero on not taking pain meds., don't you agree? Good luck! Gayrene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    Just want you to know that I am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!

    Love you, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive thoughts and love. Hoping for a quick recovery and a healthy path ahead. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers and love coming your way.

    ReplyDelete