Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pretty in Pink Party Feb. 9th ...........

1/27/13--Sunday--Day 106--Join the Susan Support Team!



As clarification, this is for both males and females! We are all affected by and supporters of this fight against Breast Cancer.

Hello wonderful friends and blog followers.  I hope you are ready to join the Susan Support Team as we get ready to conquer this next phase of cancer!  Here is how you can help, even if you live far away!

On February 9th, I'm having a Pretty in Pink Party  beginning at 4 PM at my house.  My good friends, Susie Case, Carol Elders, Stephanie Saldana and Suzie Bertetto will be hosting it.  If you are a friend from afar or are busy and can't attend in person, here is how I hope you will participate.  Do something fun or crazy or outrageous in pink holding a sign saying Susan Support Team or Susan's Pretty in Pink Support Team and take a picture.  It can be as simple as wearing a fun pink hat and holding your support sign.  Send your picture to me at SusanMLindsey@gmail.com or text them to me on my cell phone before February 7th.  Please don't post your pictures here or on FB yet.  I'm going to use your pictures first as decorations for the party so you really will be here.  Then, your pictures will become part of the video we will be making as I shave my head during the Pretty in Pink Party .  For those of you who can attend, thanks to my wonderful hairdresser friend Suzie Bertetto, she will be coloring small chunks of people's hair pink for those who want to.  You will also be able to get breast cancer glitter tattoos, pink hair bling, pink nail polish, and other Pink Out  kinds of fun.  We'll also have all kinds of pink goodies to munch on!  During the party, surrounded by fun, family and friends both near and far, I will be cutting and then shaving my hair before chemo gets the chance to take it from me.

Losing my hair has been something I have been really upset about since the beginning of this whole thing.  My hair has always been a BIG part of who I am, so I've known losing it is going to be really tough.  As I thought about it, I decided I would rather make the choice when to lose it rather then wait until one morning I wake up only to find cancer has stolen it from me.  I also decided that if I didn't make it something fun or inspirational, I would bawl through it.  And, I wanted Brooklyn and other people who are far away to be able to support me through this.  So, as I laid awake one night thinking about how I was going to get through losing my hair, I created my Pretty in Pink Party idea.  It may be a total disaster, but it will at least give me something to look forward to instead of dread.  And I truly believe if I am surrounded by people who love me, I can get through this.

At the end of the whole thing, Greg will produce a video incorporating all those who joined the Susan's Pretty in Pink Support Team in hopes of being uplifting and encouraging to others who have to face this phase of cancer.  So whether you are a supporter from afar, or someone who can attend the party, I hope you join Susan's Pretty in Pink Support Team!  Use SusanMLindsey@gmail.com to let me know if you plan to attend or to send pictures by February 7th if possible.  You can also let me know you will be attending or participating on the Facebook event page which you can get to by clicking on the Pretty in Pink Party links.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment